Re: Linux support for SiLabs CP2102 devices

From: Pete Zaitcev
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 19:33:50 EST

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:39:08 -0800, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If people are looking for a good usb to serial chip that is supported on
> Linux, Windows, and OS-X, there's the PL2303 device from Prolific, and
> the FTDI-SIO chip, and the MCT-U232 chip. All of these work very well
> on Linux, and are fully supported by all distros. I think they even
> might be cheaper than the CP2102 device too :)

The Magic Technology has ignored my requests to provide documentation for
either Intel or Phillips based version of their kit. The mct_u232 was
developed by reverse engineering the code, so it's probably not a good
example.

Why did you omit Keyspan? I thought they had reasonable policies, if we
ignore debian-legal issue for the moment.

-- Pete