[2.4.28] Enabling a SATA drive (sata_promise.o) with Promise Fastrak S150 TX2Plus SATA PCI card?

From: Jin Suh
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 15:12:33 EST

Hello,

I have a Dell 650/Linux-2.4.28 with a Promise Fastrak S150 TX2Plus SATA PCI
card with 2 250GB Western digital drives connected. Could anyone help me how to
enable the SATA drives? I had 2.4.25 one time and it showed me /dev/hde and
/dev/hdg but the new SATA driver should show as /dev/sdX, right?

I see libata.o and sata_promise.o modules. When I do "modprobe libata and
modprobe sata_promise", I got bunch of "Unresolved symbols". I also downloaded
ft3xx driver and didn't work too. Any idea? I rebooted the same machine with
Suse9.1 (2.6.x kernel). It loaded the libata.o and sata_promise.o and I could
see /dev/sda and /dev/sdb as SATA drives correctly.
I also have a Intel P5 ICH5, D875PBZ with 2 SATA ports. I also could not enable
the drives with ata_piix.o. Any helps would be appreciated.

Jin