2.6.9

From: linux dude
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 04:22:21 EST

Linux Gurus,

I am new to linux kernel, trying to work on my
academic
project.

I have one basic question:

I downloaded latest 2.6.9 kernel. Compiled it and
did make modules, make modules_install. Then I
upgraded the grub. Everything was OK till:

When I tried to reboot with 2.6.9 kernel, it was
trying
load 2.6.4-52/.../reiserfs.ko and failing.

My question is I already did make odlconfig;make;make
modules;make modules_install; updated grub,image,
system.map. Is there any thing missing because of
which
it is trying to load module from old
/lib/modules/2.6.4-52/....
And Why it is not picking up from 2.6.9/.../ .

Any help would be really appriciated.

Please mail me at dude_linux@xxxxxxxxx as I did't
subscribe.

Regards