Re: Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc2-mm1-V0.7.28-1

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 10:40:00 EST

>I've got one of those 'my box just locked up'. I can reproduce it with
>0.7.25-1, 0.7.28-0 and 0.7.28-1 by starting the Jetty servlet container
>with our inhouse java project under a Blackdown 1.4 jdk. Within a minute
>the laptop just locks up: no mouse, no ping, console switching sysrq-t

Sysrq+T itself might work, it's just a matter to get to the console! If you can
get to a con, I'm sure it does, because hitting the keys generates an interrupt
which will be delivered to the sysrq code if interrupts are not currently
disabled. So even if your box appears totally dead, you'd be surprised when you
hit Sysrq+B.

To get any data, I'd start a vnc server on it, and all graphical apps in it,
and let the machine itself stay on tty10 (or wherever kernel output goes), and
then try hitting Sysrq+T when it hangs.

Jan Engelhardt
--
Gesellschaft fÃr Wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung
Am Fassberg, 37077 GÃttingen, www.gwdg.de