Random freeze on CS 5530

From: Fabrizio Tivano
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 04:33:35 EST

Hello dear all,

I dont know if this is the right place to post
my problem, but i try! :)

I have some machines GEODE based:

Cyrix Corporation 5530 SMI [Kahlua]

Actually with kernel 2.4.24

Randomly, apparently without no reason, the pc
freeze.

telnet from remote:
'Connection closed by foregn host'

If i plug video+key i see a lot of error messages
in console like:

===========
ext3-fs error (device ide03,400):ext3_get_inode_lock
ext3_resercve_inode_write: IO failure
===========

it seem that the system are unable to communicate
with the HDD and vice-versa.

...and the only operation permitted is OFF then ON.

After the RESET all the system appears UP and ready
and the log files do not say nothing!
...and the last message on the syslog are the last
before the freeze; in some case I been able to see,
some time before the block,

====================
ide timeout, irq {busy}
reset
in the last days i see this post:

http://groups.google.it/groups?hl=it&lr=&threadm=ag05ab%241gc%241%40penguin.transmeta.com&rnum=7&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Dit%26lr%3D%26selm%3Dag05ab%25241gc%25241%2540penguin.transmeta.com%26rnum%3D7

Could be my problem ralted to this old post?

.....you have some ideas?

every hint will be really appreciated ! :)

Thanks in advance,
fabrizio