Re: Dropped patch: mm/mempolicy.c:sp_lookup()

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 22:10:23 EST

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 12:21:23PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Sigh. OK, I'll split the patch into three and will feed the `<=' fix and
> the symlink fix into 2.6.10. [..]

thanks.

> [..] The mempolicy optimisation can await 2.6.11.

sure.

About Hugh's version of the shmem.c part, I'm fine with it, but I find
more robust to destroy the mpol in the delete_inode callback than in
delete_inode (for shmfs is the same due the dcache pin), since delete_inode
is normally associated with the unlink operation, but the mpol must go
away before the inode is freed, and the inode is freed in the
destroy_inode (again for shmfs it's the same as delete_inode), plus I
find my version a bit simpler.

As Hugh said as far as one of the two ges merged I'm fine of course ;).