"power" file disappeared after powering down slot in 2.6.9 & 2.6.10-rc1

From: Sy, Dely L
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 17:40:39 EST

Using 2.6.9 and 2.6.10-rc1, I encountered the problem that doing
"echo 0 > /sys/bus/pci/slots/X/power" or "using attention button"
to power down slot caused the "power" file under /sys/bus/pci/slots/X/
to disappear. Actually, two other files under the same directory
disappeared also. However, this problem was resolved in 2.6.10-rc2.

Looking at the changelog for 2.6.10-rc2, I saw there were a lot of
changes related to sysfs. Does anyone know what changes may have
fixed this problem? Or, what might be the cause of the problem that
I saw in 2.6.9 & 2.6.10-rc1?

Tracing back, I found that "disappearing of power file after powering
down the slot" started to appear in 2.6.9-rc3 and lasted till
2.6.10-rc1.
Before this kernel, it worked fine (in 2.6.9-rc2-mm4). I found this
problem when I used shpch & pciehp drivers and I would like to see if
anyone see this problem while using other hot-plug drivers.

Thanks,
Dely