Re: dss1_divert ISDN module compile fix for kernel 2.6.8.1

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 14:11:32 EST

>when I switched my installation from kernel 2.4 to 2.6 I
>recognized that the ISDN module dss1_divert was marked
>incompilable (config option CONFIG_CLEAN_COMPILE must
>be turned off). The compile problem was the obsolete using
>of kernel 2.4 critical sections. I replaced the cli() stuff
>with spinlocks as explained in the Documentation/spinlocks.txt
>file. After that the module compiles and runs as expected.

I had a similar issue, but for me, it only returned a warning rather than a
compile error.

I posted something similar earlier:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=109937866706186&w=2 and
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=109943458323994&w=2 plus
the latest message I wrote a few secs ago to this list.

Jan Engelhardt
--
Gesellschaft fÃr Wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung
Am Fassberg, 37077 GÃttingen, www.gwdg.de