Re: 2.6.10-rc2 pbook oops on resume

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 01:13:34 EST

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 21:49 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Soeren Sonnenburg <kernel@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > machine comes up ok, but I see this oops in dmesg... Any ideas ?
>
> That would be due to this code in ohci_pci_resume():
>
> #ifdef CONFIG_PMAC_PBOOK
> if (_machine == _MACH_Pmac)
> enable_irq (to_pci_dev(hcd->self.controller)->irq);
> #endif
>
> enabling an already-enabled IRQ.
>
> I think Ben plays in this area?

Yes. It's not an oops tho, and is harmless for now... The pmac code used
to disable/enable irq around sleep, but that caused this problem when
David added code to unregister/re-register the irq during sleep as well
to the generic HCD stuff.

I have some pending patches, haven't had time to finish them tho... I
have a lot of sleep-related pmac update that are waiting for me to
finish getting the stuff working on the iBook G4, and it's part of that
pile... I'll let you know tomorrow.

Ben.