Re: [RFC] Consolidate lots of hugepage code

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 16:12:57 EST

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 06:30:07AM +1100, Anton Blanchard wrote:
> OK. We have not seen a similar issue on ppc64 even with extensive
> testing (although with HPC apps). The question is how long we should
> hold off on further hugetlb development waiting for this one bug report
> on a single architecture to be chased.

Until it's fixed. Until then I'm considering it a byproduct of that same
development. And with your report, that makes it two architectures, not
one.

The concepts of the features etc. are all generally okay, though very
buzzword-centric. In general the audits and sweeps have been lacking
thoroughness in the architecture-specific areas. I expect that
particular issue to have been the cause of these two bugreports.

-- wli