Re: Console 80x50 SVGA

From: Jurriaan
Date: Sat Nov 06 2004 - 14:46:28 EST

From: Camilo A. Reyes <camilo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 12:41:12PM -0600

> If I may ask what vga number are you using to set it to 1024x768.
> I believe I have tried it before with no success, but I'm willing
> to try again.

Might I again refer you to google?

Searching for 'linux framebuffer 1024x768 vga=' gives me 11.800 hits,
which surely is enough to choose from. Also, this is mentioned in
/usr/src/linux-<whatever version>/Documentation/fb/<somefile, depending
on your framebuffer, which you didn't mention>. Those docs were lovingly
crafted by kernel hackers hoping to answer all the questions users may
have, so it would be a shame not to use them, right?

Good luck,
Jurriaan
--
A seminar on Time Travel will be held two weeks ago.
Debian (Unstable) GNU/Linux 2.6.9-mm1 2x6078 bogomips load 0.05