Re: meye bug? No.

From: Stelian Pop
Date: Fri Nov 05 2004 - 17:30:19 EST

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 12:18:01PM +0100, Roland Mas wrote:

> > :)
>
> Okay, so I made a fool of myself, hope you had fun, sorry for the
> inconvenience otherwise :-)

No problem :)

> Seriously though, and as much as I know I should have read the docs,
> is this detectable from meye? If it is, I suggest it would be a nice
> thing to have a different or more explicit error message. Just "meye:
> need to reset HIC, is sonypi correctly configured?" would be cool.

As a matter of fact it is quite detectable yes. I'll put in a check
which will even fail to load the meye module (with an explicit
error message) if sonypi isn't loaded with camera=1.

The only disadvantage of that is that it won't catch anymore the
users who don't RTFM :)

Stelian.
--
Stelian Pop <stelian@xxxxxxxxxx>