system calls in 2.6.3

From: Sushant Sharma
Date: Fri Nov 05 2004 - 14:13:19 EST

Hi all
I have added a system call to the kernel 2.6.3.
Can someone tell me, if I have to recompile gcc or glibc inorder to
use that system call from user space. Right now its required
to do
#define __NR_syscallname 274 /*(syscall number)*/
static inline _syscall1(.....); /*stub*/

inside my own header file from user space.

Will recompiling gcc or glibc will update header files
in /usr/include directory so that I dont need to include
above statements in my header file?

Thanks
Sushant

ps: pleace cc the reply to me as I am not subscribed to the list

<Sushant Sharma At cs dot unm dot edu>
http://cs.unm.edu/~sushant/