Re: [SATA] status report, libata-dev queue updated

From: Brad Campbell
Date: Fri Nov 05 2004 - 14:06:46 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:

<andyw:pobox.com>:
o [libata scsi] support 12-byte passthru CDB
o [libata scsi] passthru CDB check condition processing
o T10/04-262 ATA pass thru - patch

John W. Linville:
o libata: SMART support via ATA pass-thru

I'll just add a big ack for these two patches. I have been using these extensively now for a couple of weeks on a 14 drive array spread over 12 Maxtor Drives on Promise SATA150TX4 Controllers and 1 WD2500BB on a VIA controller by way of an SIL PATA->SATA bridge polling all drives hourly for full SMART stats and running daily self tests while also testing heavy drive usage patterns and manual SMART polling and have not encountered any data corruption.

Read that as "I have tried really, really hard to break it and as yet been unable to".

Regards,
Brad