non_linear memory on ARM

From: remy . gauguey
Date: Fri Nov 05 2004 - 09:15:05 EST

Hello,

I'm currently working on a ARM920 platform with 2 SDRAM controllers on 2
separate AHB bus layers.
To improve performances (data routing) I would like the kernel to use those
2 SDRAM controllers.
Unfortunnately, there's a big gap between them :
The first SDRAM is mapped at (physical) 0x00000000 to 0x07FFFFFF (128Mb).
The second SDRAM is mapped at 0xA0000000 to 0xA7FFFFFF (128Mb).

I've tried to use the CONFIG_DISCONTIGMEM, but it seems that the large gap
of 2,5 Gb is a problem.
I've read about a patch CONFIG_NONLINEAR which perhaps could be helpfull
in case of sparse memory.

Is this patch available for ARM ?
If not, is there any other way to efficiently use those 2 SDRAM
controllers.

The ultimate goal would be to allocate data buffer (skb) on one controller
while running code from the other one....

Thanks for any usefull feedback.

Remy