Re: ext3 and nfsd do not work under load (Re: x86_64, LOCKUP onCPU0, kjournald)

From: Jaakko Hyvätti
Date: Fri Nov 05 2004 - 04:52:10 EST

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Andrew Morton wrote:
> I'd suggest that you either recompile this vendor kernel with
> CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB=y or try a later kernel.org kernel and see if it's fixed.

A funny detail. CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB=y makes kernel.org 2.6.9 refuse
rlogin and telnet connections, I suppose because of problems with pty
allocations. Cannot find any debug anywhere about this. Ssh and console
logins work. So I cannot enable CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB. Will proceed with
2.6.9 though. I'll report when it hangs if it hangs.

Jaakko

--
Foreca Ltd Jaakko.Hyvatti@xxxxxxxxxx
Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 B, FIN-00150 Helsinki, Finland http://www.foreca.com