Re: [uml-devel] Re: [patch 09/20] uml: use SIG_IGN for empty sighandler

From: Jeff Dike
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 23:40:38 EST

blaisorblade_spam@xxxxxxxx said:
> I had a doubt on this, but I was not getting much feedback from you...
Yeah, sorry.

> Also, if you reject this, I'd require a comment-only patch for it: "as
> soon as I remember why" makes me think back to my yesterday's class,
> when the teacher said "put comments in your code or you'll soon
> forget what it does!" 8-O (yes, 1st year University student :-( ).

The thing is, you often don't realize what's going to be mysterious until it
actually is, and then it's too late for the comment :-)

In this case, it wants to be bounced out of sigprocmask when a SIGWINCH
arrives. In order to do so, it must have a handler registered, even if
it does nothing.

Jeff