Re: meye bug? (was: meye driver update)

From: Roland Mas
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 16:44:04 EST

Roland Mas, 2004-11-04 22:19:59 +0100 :

> I'd like to take the opportunity to report a bug with meye. I've
> ran various 2.6.* kernels on this recently acquired laptop,
> including 2.6.10-rc1 with your patches, all that with a Debian
> system on it (Sarge/testing).

Reading myself again, I realise this may not be very clear, sorry.
The bug happens with all versions of 2.6.* I've tried, including
2.6.10-rc1 + your patches.

I did some more testing with other userspace apps.

- With vgrabbj 0.9.3-1:
$ vgrabbj -d /dev/video0 foo.jpeg
Problem getting window information
Fatal Error (non-daemon), exiting...
There was no map allocated to be freed...
$
(And no complaint from kernel).

- With motion 3.1.14-2:
$ motion
Processing thread 0 - config file motion.conf
Thread0 device: /dev/video0 input: 8
[Nothing happens for a while, then I get bored and ^C]
$
(And exactly one "meye: need to reset HIC!" message).

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Despite rumour, Death isn't cruel - merely terribly, terribly good at his job.
-- in Sourcery (Terry Pratchett)