Re: [uml-user] Harddisk Shutdown while UML Guest Shutdown

From: Blaisorblade
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 10:19:37 EST

On Thursday 04 November 2004 10:41, Roland Kaeser wrote:
> Hello
>
> Here comes the Test report for the UML SKAS and User run Tests
>
> If I run the UML Kernel without the HOSTS SKAS Patch, it works normally, no
> hd shutdown!
>
> If i run the UML Kernel with the HOSTS SKAS Patch but as "normal" user, it
> works also normally, without any harddisk shutdown!

> It seems more and more to be a kind of bug in the UML Patch which allows
> the uml kernel to call kernel functions on the host kernel.

Also, there is a host kernel bug which causes the host to crash. Maybe (it is
just a random try, actually, but there should not be a lot of bugs in 2.6
kernels), you could try this: would you please read this thread and tell if
you can reproduce the described panic and if it is anyhow similar to the
other one.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&threadm=2WG11-2iJ-1%40gated-at.bofh.it&prev=/groups%3Fnum%3D25%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26group%3Dlinux.kernel%26start%3D50

--
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade