Re: dmi_scan on x86_64

From: Daniel Egger
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 07:32:06 EST

On 04.11.2004, at 10:12, Jean Delvare wrote:

I think I also remember of a board where fan inputs were somehow
multiplexed (the board had six fan headers, all of them reported speeds
in the BIOS setup screen, but the hardware monitoring chip would only
have three tachometers inputs.) I can't seem to remember the brand and
model, and we did not investigate the problem deep enough to propose a
solution back then anyway.

The sensors conf for the S2875 provided by Tyan only displays
3 FAN RPM values while the board has at least 4. At the moment I'm
using 3 fans with tacho signal but can only determine 2 values, the
third value is constantly 0.

Also the setup puzzles me a bit; why would Tyan pack several SMBus
setups into a single motherboard but only connect devices to one
of them. Actually sensors-detect claims that there is one
unrecognized client on the "unused" SMBus.

Servus,
Daniel