Re: [uml-user] Harddisk Shutdown while UML Guest Shutdown

From: Roland Kaeser
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 14:26:46 EST

Hello

Thank You for Your answer. But my host kernel is a 2.6.7 with the skas patch. The
guest is a 2.6.9. Just an another info: The behaviour does not depend on the hostfs
configuration. It also happens when I use a ubd device.
And no, the HOST!! freezes after exit of the guest kernel. And i get a Kernel panic
from the HOST!! kernel, this in case the host (ide) harddisk drive spins down (but
not spins up anymore). My idea is that some routines to spin down the harddisk are
been routed outside the uml guest kernel or not been sucessfully removed for the uml
architecture. Is it possible that the /sbin/halt binary can have made something with
the hosts harddisk?

How can i get the kernel panic message from the host?

Roland