Re: XMMS (or some other audio player) 'hang' issues with intel8x0and dmix plugin [u]

From: Martin Schlemmer [c]
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 20:52:51 EST

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 09:57 +0100, Christophe Saout wrote:
> Am Montag, den 01.11.2004, 06:42 +0200 schrieb Martin Schlemmer [c]:
>
> > I have mailed below to alsa-user a time or two already, but no
> > response as of yet, so I am wondering if anybody here have had
> > similar issues. Not much has changed, but I have also tried
> > BMP, and alsa-player, with similar results.
>
> I've tracked this down to what seems to be a bug in the libalsa dmix
> code with mmap emulation. If the sound output was stopped for some
> reason (stream paused or underrun) the library will accept more data
> until the buffer is full but never restart the output.
>
> https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=209

I will be honest that I cannot remember the outcome when I tried without
mmap support - was some time back. I will try now again.

I also had a look at the bug, and it seems like it could be if it must
do conversion - any way to disable it, or some other workaround ? Or
anybody to bug/help to patch this ? =)

Thanks,

--
Martin Schlemmer