Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-mm1-V0.6.8

From: Mark_H_Johnson
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 17:50:45 EST

>Does this also happen if you chrt ksoftirqd to FIFO prio 1?
>Does the 'LOC' count increase for both cpus in /proc/interrupts?

With -V0.6.9, I got some slightly different symptoms. I did the change
chrt change (though I looked up the PID by hand, my attempt to use
pidof with 'ksoftirqd/0' did not work).

The LOC count did increase on both CPU's during my test (up until
I got the deadlock listed below). I also noticed that almost all
interrupts were processed by CPU0; should have checked before starting
the real time test to see if that was consistent when the system
was idle. I was about to send you a message from the test system with
that data when the system locked up.

The crash sequence was...

- boot to single user (uneventful)
- telnet 5 (uneventful)
- X and top tests (uneventful)
- network test started (and did not finish)
- 2343 usec latency dumped
- 55962 usec latency dumped
- 74229 usec latency dumped
- 83374 usec latency dumped
- deadlock
- long string of other BUG messages

I tried to Sync & reboot with Alt-SysRq keys at this point and was
unable to do so. Hard reset to reboot. Serial console output to
follow separately.
--Mark