Re: fix iounmap and a pageattr memleak (x86 and x86-64)

From: Dave Hansen
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 17:40:51 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
Dave Hansen <haveblue@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

Still I recommend investigating _why_ debug_pagealloc is violating the
API. It might not be necessary to wait for the pageattr universal
feature to make DEBUG_PAGEALLOC work safe.

OK, good to know. But, for now, can we pull this out of -mm? Or, at least that BUG_ON()? DEBUG_PAGEALLOC is an awfully powerful debugging tool to just be removed like this.

If we make it a WARN_ON, will that cause a complete storm of output?

Yeah, just tried it. I hit a couple hundred of them before I got to init.