[bk tree] drm core/personality split...

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 06:57:44 EST

Okay I've ported over the first chunk of work from Jon (with reorg by
me..) for the core/personality split for the DRM drivers,

The patch (>500K) is too big for LK so it is at
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied/patches/dri/drm_core_split_bk-2.6.diff

It includes the other fixes from my bk tree also... the patch is huge as
it involves some file renames and removing all those DRM() macros changes
a lot of stuff, on a functionality level it shouldn't be that different,
the drm will now use 2.6 module parameters..

The bk tree is bk://drm.bkbits.net/drm-2.6, and will appear in Andrews
next -mm patch....

I'll be putting more changes in the next couple of days (fops move into
driver, maybe proper drm sysfs support, and getting rid of the
inter_module_register stuff...)

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person