Re: XMMS (or some other audio player) 'hang' issues with intel8x0and dmix plugin [u]

From: Christophe Saout
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 04:05:04 EST

Am Montag, den 01.11.2004, 06:42 +0200 schrieb Martin Schlemmer [c]:

> I have mailed below to alsa-user a time or two already, but no
> response as of yet, so I am wondering if anybody here have had
> similar issues. Not much has changed, but I have also tried
> BMP, and alsa-player, with similar results.

I've tracked this down to what seems to be a bug in the libalsa dmix
code with mmap emulation. If the sound output was stopped for some
reason (stream paused or underrun) the library will accept more data
until the buffer is full but never restart the output.

https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=209