Re: [Fwd: Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-mm1-V0.4]

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 14:02:26 EST

* Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/
> >
> > Thomas, can you confirm that this kernel fixes the irqs-off latencies?
> > (the priority loop indeed was done with irqs turned off.)
>
> The latencies are still there. I have the feeling it's worse than 0.6.2.

what is the worst latency you can trigger with Florian's latest
rtc_wakeup code? (please re-download it, there has been a recent update)

also, there are no "arbitrary load" latency guarantees with
DEADLOCK_DETECTION turned on, since we search the list of all held locks
during task-exit time - this can generate pretty bad latencies e.g.
during hackbench.

Ingo