Re: BK kernel workflow

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 18:46:24 EST

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 10:46:17PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > > "Is
> > > Halle Berry allowed to write CVS2ARCH tool, using documented
> > > interfaces, with free version of bitkeeper?"
> >
> > Hey, if Halle Berry wants to use BK for just about anything, she is welcome
> > to do it, with my blessing.
>
> Okay. I take that to mean that it is okay to write CVS2<something>
> conversion tool, using documented interface, and still use free
> version of bitkeeper. (Provided that one is not forbidden from using
> it for other reasons).

As soon as you are Halle Berry, that's true. Until then, that's not true.

Come on Pavel, you think I'm stupid enough to tell you that you can touch
BK? No, I'm not. No, you can't. Under any circumstances. You've long
since lost that priviledge and you aren't getting it back.

You've got the BK2CVS tree, I suggest you use it. That's all you get and
no amount of dancing around with my words will change that.

Are we clear on all this?
--
---
Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com http://www.bitkeeper.com