Re: BK kernel workflow

From: Robert Love
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 19:29:53 EST

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 16:46 -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:

> If there are reasonable people out there who feel this way then let's
> figure out some sort of public contract or something that makes it clear
> that we have no designs on the Linux kernel. That's just wacko but if
> a lot of people think that then lets fix that. By the way, with all
> due respect, Andrea & Roman are not "reasonable" people in this context.
> Let's find some reasonable people who are not BK users and make sure they
> are comfortable with what is going on. Alan Cox, Al Viro, who else?
> I don't really care if it is non-BK users, BK users, or a combination,
> I just care that there is some sanity in the discussion.

I am a non-BK user[1]. And I see this as a total non-issue.

Robert Love

[1] While I am no fan of the license, the real reason I don't use BK is
because I don't think it currently makes sense for developers who are
not also maintainers. BK really shines when you have people above
(Linus, Andrew) and below (other developers) you. E.g., it makes sense
for Greg K-H. Not so much for me or, say, Ingo. It is the push-pull
relationship where BK shines. Your comment that you were looking at
improving workloads like Andrew's interests me.