Re: status of DRM_MGA on x86_64

From: Thomas Zehetbauer
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 20:08:31 EST

On Fre, 2004-10-29 at 12:47 -0700, Ian Romanick wrote:
> The problem, which exists with most (all?) DRM drivers, is that data
> types are used in the kernel/user interface that have different sizes on
> LP32 and LP64. If your kernel is 64-bit, you will have problems with
> 32-bit applications.

Then either all or no DRM drivers should be enabled on x86_64, the
DRM_TDFX, DRM_R128, DRM_RADEON and DRM_SIS are not currently disabled. I
vote for enabling all drivers that work with 64-bit applications.

I wonder if this should be the first and only place where different
kernel/userland bitness causes problems. How has this been solved
elsewhere?

Tom

--
T h o m a s Z e h e t b a u e r ( TZ251 )
PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

Chemists don't die, they just stop to react.