Call to mmap Failing in SVGALIB

From: Joseph Cosby
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 14:58:18 EST

Hi, I've just started using the 2.6.9 kernel in place of the 2.6.7 kernel and now the vga_init call into svgalib is failing. The problem appears to be a call to mmap inside the library. Since I see in the change log that there have been changes, and fixes to changes, in mmap, I suspect that this is a problem with the new kernel, and not the svgalib.
Are there any kernel config options that might be a help in using the older mmap or perhaps there are some options that configure mmap usage? I didn't see any.
I haven't provided any too detailed information, in case nobody is interested. But if somebody is interested in knowing how this is failing then I'll supply more details.

Thanks,
Joseph