Re: Filesystem performance on 2.4.28-pre3 on hardware RAID5.

From: mmokrejs
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 06:12:52 EST

Hi Nathan, Marcello and others,
the collested meminfo, slabinfo, vmstat output are at
http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs/crash/

Those precrash-* files contain output since the machine
was fresh, every second I appended current stats to each
of them. I believe some data were not flushed into the disk
before the problem.

I get on STDERR "fork: Cannot allocate memory"

Using anothe ropen console session and doing df gives me:

start_pipeline: Too many open files in system
fork: Cannot allocate memory

I had fortunately xdm to kill, so I could then do
sync and collect some stats (although some resources
got freed by xdm/X11). Those files are named with
prefix crash-*.

After that, I decided to put continue the suspended job,
and those files collected are precrash2-* prefixed.

There /var/log/messages included.

If you tell what kind of memory/xfs debugging I should turn
on adn *how*, I can do it immediately. I don't have access
to the machine daily, and already had to be in production. :(

Martin
P.S: It is hardware raid5. I use mkfs.xfs version 2.6.13.