RE: SSH and 2.6.9

From: Oliver Falk
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 05:52:12 EST

> > Jesper Juhl <juhl-lkml@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Now I guess we just need for someone to find out why LEGACY_PTYS
> > > breaks ssh (and other apps?) with kernels >= 2.6.9,
> >
> > Works OK here, witht he latest of everything. Please send
> > the faulty .config.
> >
> > If you could generate the `strace -f' output from good and bad
> > sessions and identify where things went wrong, that would help.
> >

> I have no problem here, and I can't reproduce it by enabling
> LEGACY_PTYS either, so you'll have to get the .config and
> strace etc from Danny Brow.

Similar problem occured at my box, but it's not kernel 2.6.9 which breaks
SSH. At leat for me...
If you are running FC3T3, then try to remount /dev. Since some version of
udev obsoletes the dev package and afterwards no /dev/pts/* exists, since
dev is no longer there and udev 'overmounted' /dev...

Best,
Oliver