Re: PCI & IRQ problems on TI Extensa 600CD

From: Jim Nelson
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 04:53:44 EST

David Jez wrote:
Hi all,

Last night i solved this problem. It cause by crippled PCI chipset
parody called ALi and his perverse undocumented "features". I think that
use ISA bridge as IRQ router if we haven't any router is guite good idea.
Everythink with this patch works fine even though i have different irq in
win. See attached logs.
Jim, can you try this patch please? I assume that you have some kind
of ALi chipset too. Maybe this solves your problem too.
Martin, Marcelo, please aply :-).

PS: is here anybody who have relevant datascheet?

Regards,

Naah. I have a piix chipset. My problem (per David Hinds) is that my laptop is even more b0rken than yours - IBM never hooked up the PCI INTx lines on the TI 1130. My laptop never worked with Cardbus stuff - even in Windows.

He reccommended the external pcmcia_cs package for my system - there's a dummy_cs module in there (2.4 only, though) that should fix my problem.

Thanks,

Jim