Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-mm1-V0.4

From: Rui Nuno Capela
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 12:52:55 EST

> Lee Revell
> On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 16:26 +0100, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>> On RT-V0.4.1, xruns seems slighly reduced, but plenty enough for my
>> taste.
>>

> Have you tried making ksoftirqd SCHED_OTHER? This drastically reduced
> xruns on my system with an earlier version.
>
> Lee

Hmm... ksoftirqd/0 (or also ksoftirqd/1 on 2cpu SMP) are already
SCHED_OTHER by default, at least on both of my boxes that are running
RT-V0.4.1 now.

Should I try the other way around? Lets see... 'chrt -p -f 90 `pidof
ksoftirwd/0`',... yes, apparentely the xrun rate seems to decrease into
half, but IMHO not conclusive enough, thought.

CU
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@xxxxxxxxx