poweroff does reboot on Gericom laptop

From: Laszlo 'GCS' Boszormenyi
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 11:44:48 EST

Hi,

I got my laptop back when 2.4.14 was released, and since then poweroff
always worked; until 2.6.8.1, but with recent kernels the system reboots
instead. I have tried: 2.6.9, -final, -rc4, -rc3, -rc2, 2.6.10-rc1 but
the problem persists. Before I get asked, I have all APIC turned off,
and I must use ACPI otherwise I have bad irq problems. The laptop itself
is a PIII 1.2 Ghz one, running Debian GNU/Linux (Sarge).
I have tried searching around, but couldn't dig up anything. Anyone
experiencing this as well? What can I try to locate and hopefully fix
this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Laszlo/GCS