Re: per-process shared information

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 16:47:10 EST

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 11:28:31PM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> Ok fine. But first it has to be included into mainline, then of course
> we'll merge it. Fixing Oracle at the expense of being incompatible with
> the user-ABI with future 2.6 is a no-way.

I've come to expect this as a requirement.

The thing I wanted to convey most was that I got an acknowledgment from
the original sources of Oracle's requirement, including the project
lead for the team that maintains statistics collection kit that uses
the statistics to estimate the client capacity of a system and not just
whoever got the bug assigned to them inside Oracle, that Hugh's specific
implementation we want to go with also satisfies the user requirements.
They've even committed to runtime testing the patches to verify the
patch does everything they want it to.

-- wli