Re: 2.6.9-rc4-mm1 : oops when rmmod uhci_hcd [was: 2.6.9-rc3-mm2: oops...]

From: Laurent Riffard
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 18:26:52 EST

Alan Stern wrote:
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Laurent Riffard wrote:

Alan Stern wrote: [snip]

My impression is that this problem arises somewhere within or
below the free_irq routine. I don't have the -mm2 sources,
so I can't be any more precise than that.

Here is an updated dmesg for kernel 2.6.9-rc4-mm1. But I'm
afraid it won't give more information, as the call stack is
identical to the 2.6.9-rc3-mm2 one.

I will try a vanilla kernel if it's needed.

Yes, try that. At least if the problem still occurs, it will be
easier to track down.

Alan Stern

I just tried kernel 2.6.9-rc4 : it woks fine, there is no oops when I rmmod uhci_hcd.

--
laurent