Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -VP-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U1

From: hui
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 17:03:04 EST

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 12:06:22PM -0500, Mark_H_Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Not sure if I can bring this up to multi user yet. Some initial testing
> in single user mode indicates problems when I turn on networking. See
> the attached messages from /var/log/messages to see the kinds of problems
> I am having. The key ones appear after doing
> ./S10network start
> as part of single stepping the init sequence. I stopped at this point
> to make sure I had a good record of the messages.

> I also managed to get the machine stuck with
> /sbin/reboot
> not sure why.

These are two seperate problems from my guess.

Mount the file system read/write and start slamming it with heavy disk
activity. If it locks up, then it might just as well be a problem with
the journaling code and the softirq system backing it. I ran into this
in my project and it was the softirq related IO code all of the way down
to the SCSI driver.

It was difficult to get debug messages during a deadlock and I don't
know what kind of mileage you'll get by doing this.

bill