Re: Driver access ito PCI card memory space question.

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 16:27:35 EST

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 kilian@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hey! what RPM do I install so I can get man pages for kernel
> functions? A man page for readl() sure would have been useful.

I don't know about any RPM for that (using a non-rpm based distribution),
but what I do personally is use "make mandocs" and "make installmandocs".

If you run "make help" in the kernel source tree you'll see this bit:

[...]
Documentation targets:
Linux kernel internal documentation in different formats:
sgmldocs (SGML), psdocs (Postscript), pdfdocs (PDF)
htmldocs (HTML), mandocs (man pages, use installmandocs to install)
[...]

As you see you can get docs in various forms.

Hope that helps.

--
Jesper Juhl