Re: pl2303/usb-serial driver problem in 2.4.27-pre6

From: Alexander Wigen
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 23:19:59 EST

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 17:42, Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 07:32:28PM +0000, Alexander Wigen wrote:
> > May I add that I have some problems with a pl2303 GPS device which causes
> > kernel panics when I pull it out of the USB port.
> >
> > I don't know if it can be related, the device works fine until I unplug
> > it.
>
> On what kernel version do you have these problems?

I had the problem on two laptops and a stationary machine running 2.4.20. I
dug out the old gps device and am happy to say the problem is gone on
2.6.8.1. I don't have a 2.4 kernel handy so I can't say if the problem is
still present in the 2.4 branch.

Cheers
Alexander Wigen
--
Homepage: http://www.wigen.net Mail: alex@xxxxxxxxx
Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?