Re: Periodic posix timer support broke between 2.6.9-rc1 and 2.6.9-rc1-bk17

From: George Anzinger
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 17:27:40 EST

Christoph Lameter wrote:
I ran some test programs and discovered that the periodic timer support
is broken. The timer is triggered once and then never again. Single shot
timers work fine. 2.6.9-rc1 is fine. The first kernel that I tested where
I noticed the breakage was 2.6.9-rc1-bk17. 2.6.9-rc2 and following all
cannot do periodic timer signals.

I looked through the changelog but I cannot see anything that would cause
the problem. Roland's patch surely could not have done this.

Will try to track this down further, time permitting...

The most likely thing would be failure to do the call back from the signal delivery code.
--
George Anzinger george@xxxxxxxxxx