Re: [BUG] oom killer not triggering in 2.6.9-rc3 -- FIXED in -rc4

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 15:42:54 EST

Chris Wright wrote:

Chris, did you try the patch I sent you (it's in mainline now, so if you
re-test on 2.6.9-rc4 you'd pick it up)?

Oops. No I didn't--meant to, but then forgot. I should have, it seems to be fixed in -rc4.

> With that patch, with 2G of
memory and no swap, my machine did not lock up, and the conditions that
the patch protect against were triggered. And, with the patch backed
out, kswapd spins out of control. I believe this is fixed.

2.6.9-rc4 seems sane again. Start up two memory hogs, one gets killed immediately.

Sweet.

Thanks for your help,

Chris