2.6.9-rc4 USB storage problems

From: Wolfgang Scheicher
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 08:59:03 EST

I'm sorry for not being able to track down the issue better:

if i mount my usb-stick ( Sandisk Micro 256MB, USB2.0, FAT ), write a file
(for example 4MB) to it and unmount or sync, then there is a lot of activity
on the stick, but the unmount or sync doesn't finish ( waited > 10 Minutes -
should not take more than 1-2 sec ).

2.6.9-rc2 seems to be the same issue
i remember 2.6.7 and before being fine for my usb-stick, 2.6.8(.x) i need to
test...

oh - and it _is_ detected as high speed USB device - and eaven if it would
have been usb 1.x it shouldn't take that long.

any hints? any patches i shall try?

Worf