Re: forcedeth: "received irq with unknown events 0x1"

From: Vitez Gabor
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 03:22:21 EST

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 06:49:34PM +0200, Manfred Spraul wrote:
> Vincent, could you try the attached patch? The critical change is the
> media detection: Test that the nic handles booting without a network
> cable and then attaching the network cable when the interface is already
> up correctly.

I patched my kernel, and I'm still baffled: when I connect the E1000 and the
nvidia card, both of them say the link is down. The E1000 and the 3Com card
works well. The E1000 is supposed to do polarity detection, so it should
work with the nvidia card, too. ??

Not really a problem, but I find it pretty strange.

Gabor