Re: Linux 2.6.9-rc4 - pls test (and no more patches)

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 01:51:23 EST

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> In other words, I think you'd have to do some special disk management, or
> possibly try to burn a CD on a SCSI CD-ROM (or other special device that
> uses the SCSI ioctl's) on the same controller. And nobody uses SCSI
> CD-burners any more, I'd think.

Not so, I personally have a SCSI Plextor burner, and at work we have
several different other brands of SCSI burners, I also have a few friends
who have SCSI burners (the majority have IDE burners, but there are a few
with SCSI).
And personally I'm buying a new SCSI burner if this one dies, I've never
had a burner as troublefree as this one. IDE burners are no longer for me.

--
Jesper Juhl