Re: Totally broken PCI PM calls

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 16:19:26 EST

Hi David.

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 02:36, David Brownell wrote:
> I've made that point too. STD is logically a few steps: quiesce system,
> write image to swap, change power state. The ACPI spec talks about
> that as keeping the system in a G1/S4 powered state, but "swusp"
> doesn't use that ... it does a full power-off. And of course, full power-off
> means that the BIOS probably mucks with the USB hardware, so it's
> not a real resume any more.

That's not necessarily true. Swsusp and suspend2 both include support
for enter ACPI S4 state. For suspend2 it's optional (to allow for broken
bioses). Not sure about whether it is with swsusp.

Regards,

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
Pastoral Worker

Many today claim to be tolerant. True tolerance, however, can cope with others
being intolerant.