Re: MMC performance

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 13:02:49 EST

Pierre Ossman wrote:
Alan Cox wrote:

Only on retries. You can try and blast the lot out the first time then
on retries you write sector by sector.

Something like this? Gives more than double throughput here.

*sigh*

I'm starting to think there is a special place in hell reserved for the folks at SimpleTech. This card has been giving me all kinds of trouble and this patch adds another one. It seems the card completely screws up multiple block writes. As little as two blocks at a time causes corrupt data on the card.

I've been digging through the specs I have to find some way of detecting cards like these but I haven't had any success. Hopefully there aren't too many of these out there. If the choice comes down to high speed or supporting non-compliant cards, then my vote is for speed.

--
Pierre