Re: Totally broken PCI PM calls

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 09:48:34 EST

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Paul Mackerras wrote:

> Are you using suspend-to-ram or suspend-to-disk?

Suspend-to-disk. suspend-to-ram still doesn't work for me (never has, oh,
well.. Slow progress).

> For now (i.e. 2.6.9), could we have the following patch? It only
> affects suspend-to-disk, and it tells the drivers that we are going to
> D3cold (4) when we are doing suspend-to-disk.

No.

If we do this, then we don't need the translation at all. And I guarantee
you that drivers _will_ be broken - I had this in my tree earlier by
virtue of "no translation". I mentioned the tg3 driver already, and I
assume others will too.

I repeat: we can remove the hack if somebody checks the drivers.

Linus