Re: Totally broken PCI PM calls

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 04:52:27 EST

Hi!

> Any reason why this totally broken code was ever merged upstream ?
> We debated that again and again... the result of the below code is
> to _REMOVE_ useful information from PCI drivers (suspend to disk vs.
> suspend to RAM) for no good reason, making PCI drivers suddently
> take a different state than any other driver, breaking radeonfb
> suspend code, etc....

Well, old code was not too working, either... In -mm, we decided
s-t-disk vs. s-t-RAM according to global system_state, which did the
trick without touching all the drivers. Unfortunately that part did
not get merged. (And got dropped from -mm; I still have the patch).

Pavel
--
Boycott Kodak -- for their patent abuse against Java.